History of Will County, Illinois
Wm. LeBaron, Jr., & Co.
North of Peotone lies GreenGarden Township, and before Township organization, as Vermont Precinct. It was settled about 1847 by M.F. Sanders and George M. Green. Levi Blanchard and James Hudson came in 1848, the latter-named being a preacher. From 1850 on, the township filled up rapidly, and is now largely German. The streams emptying into the Kankakee, known as Forked Creek and Prairie Creek, have their rise in this township.